Cooking roast potatoes : Short cooking courses : Cooking sirloin tips.
Cooking Roast Potatoes
- (Roast potato) The potato is a starchy, tuberous crop from the perennial Solanum tuberosum of the Solanaceae family (also known as the nightshades). The word potato may refer to the plant itself as well as the edible tuber.
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
Roast potatoes (1)
This is my take on one of the oldest favourites. Potatoes have been cooked in England for nearly 500 years, but maybe not like this. By trial and error (called development work when I was an industrial chemist) I have tried to make them look good (colour and shape) and taste good (flavour and texture).
Floury texture potatoes (e.g. Desiree, Maris Piper, King Edward).
100ml cheapest white vinegar, 3 tablespoons salt, 1+ tablespoon turmeric to add to the boiling water (about 1.5 litres), plus a clove or two of garlic (optional) to add to the roasting fat (200 grams).
roasting fat = a 50% mixture of dripping (not healthy) and olive oil (much better for you). Alternatively you can use goose fat, which is good but more expensive and maybe a bit of a marketing exercise.
(see part 2 for method)
Solar Roasted Garlic Potatoes
This batch of roasted garlic potatoes was made in my new solar box oven.
They came out perfectly cooked and delicious. I put a little olive oil on them, added some italian seasoning and diced garlic cloves.
Cooking time was about 3-4 hours.
quick cooking tapioca
outdoor wok cooking
cooking papa santa clara
recipe for cooking pork chops
cooking mama online play for free
rachael ray cooking tools
basmati rice cooking
ways of cooking pasta